Wednesday 23 May 2018

Is This Me? - A #Romance #Novel by Tricia Copeland

Tricia Copeland grew up in Georgia and now lives in sunny Colorado with her family. In addition to the award-nominated Being Me series, her books include Best Book Award Fantasy Finalist series, The Kingdom Journals, Lovelock Ones, a post-apocalyptic dystopian adventure, and Drops of Sunshine, a YA paranormal novella. Find all of Tricia’s books on her website!








Connect with the Author




Get a Free Novella and Short Story!



About the Book


Have you ever chosen a path that led you astray?


Amanda has no trouble choosing a college or picking a major. What she does have a problem with is what she would have least expected, a guy. Smart and sexy, Doug is focused on school responsibilities and post-graduation plans. Their paths intersect and Amanda must accept his help or risk losing her scholarship. Determined to maintain appearances, Amanda begins to lie to family and friends. The ease at which she repeatedly deceives those closest becomes disturbing and leaves her questioning: “Is this me?”

Get it Today!


Amazon | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo






Keep reading for an excerpt:


“You stink, and I already took a shower,” Lila squealed, bringing me out of my trance. Ross grabbed her and slung her over his shoulder, carrying her across the lawn and towards the house.

Mark tapped me on the shoulder. “Hey, I need a shower, too. I’ll be back in a few minutes. Do you want to hang out here?”

He’s abandoning me? In front of two good-looking, shirtless strangers? “Sure,” I heard myself say.

Thankfully, he stood there a minute longer. “I’ll grab a round of drinks.” He darted away.

“Nice spike there at the end,” I commented to Zack.

“Thanks. I see you have a shadow.” He bent down and patted the dog still glued to my leg.

Excusing themselves to replace their shirts, Doug and Zack once again towered over me. Even in my wedges, the top of my head barely reached the middle of Zack’s chest.

Zack spoke before the silence became obvious. “So, Amanda Avery of the famed Avery sisters?”

“In the flesh.” I waved my hands past my legs, not quite sure where he was going with the conversation. Obviously they knew their alums.

Doug continued in an Elizabethan tone. “The beauty of the Avery girls has inspired many brothers to greatness.”

“I’m just glad no one remembers when I flashed everyone on the front lawn when I was three.”

“Your reputation is still intact.” Doug winked at me with his blue eyes.

Mark approached with three plastic cups filled with amber liquid. I wondered if this counted as taking an open drink from someone. At the very least, it went against the no alcohol rule. Not even six hours in, and I was already contemplating being an illegal drinker. Maybe I needed that orientation more than I thought.

Even though I didn’t like beer and had never drunk a whole glass, I wasn’t going to stand there and do nothing. The sip I took tasted bitter, and I hoped my face didn’t betray my attempt at a relaxed facade.

“Not that great, is it?” Doug asked.

“It’s relatively cold.”

Zack held up his cup. “Cheers to that.” Doug and I did the same, and we clunked the cups together. “If I may, my lady, I’m not sure you’re going to maintain your virtue drinking that.”

Doug punched Zack. “Dude.”

I winked at Zack. “Maybe you should stick with flattery and leave Shakespeare to Doug. You have to stay in your niche.”

I was surprised how comfortable I felt with them. Their knack for humor immediately put me at ease, despite their magazine model aura. “So do you guys do this routine on a regular basis?”

Zack held his cup out. “This is a one-time only special showing. If we hope to win the heart of an Avery girl, we have to be creative.”

“And there are only two of us left to be wooed.”

“We would be nothing without your inspiration.” Doug bowed towards me, one hand over his heart.

Zack and I both faked a cough.

Doug grabbed a Frisbee from the lawn. “Frisbee?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!