Saturday 3 December 2016

Mrs. Clause & the Secret Santa by J.L. Hendricks

J.L. Hendricks (A lady never reveals her age) is a new independent author. The Eclipse series is her first one and she is very excited to share the new universe she has created. J.L. is currently writing full time, but before she started writing she had a successful career as a Purchasing Manager and Contracts Administrator.

Travel is a passion of hers and she hopes to be able to travel again soon and discover a new world to write about for those who enjoy creative universes.

She is very proud to have served in the US Army before she went to college.

JL decided to finally write, and finish a book this year because of a few friends who encouraged her to write out all of the crazy ideas she had roaming around in her head. She thinks they just wanted her to stop listening to those voices. ;) You see, she was constantly in her head and not paying attention to others. They hoped she would get it all out of her system by writing them down.

JL hopes her stories entertain you and can bring a laugh on occasion.

Keep reading for a free book!

Connect with the Author



Sign up for news, freebies and other offers!


About the Book


Everything you thought you knew about Santa Claus was absolutely WRONG!

Santa Claus is an Arctic Wolf Shifter, and the mantle has always passed down to his sons. But this Santa didn't have any boys, he has 4 girls!

His eldest daughter is supposed to marry the son of the pack's Beta wolf, Rock. But she has refused. Lizzy wants to marry for love, not pack standing.

Lizzy is pulled to Los Angeles looking for adventure and possibly her future Santa. What she finds instead shocks her and her family.

If you like clean, shifter romance, then you will love this newest book by J.L. Hendricks. She merges her favorite season, Christmas, with a hot genre, Shifter Paranormal Romance. Come and see how these Arctic Wolf shifters celebrate Christmas.

Get it today on Amazon!


Keep reading for an excerpt:


This was the worst day of my life! My mother just told me I had to marry Rock! Of all people, Rock! Please, what kind of name is that? Had I been born a guy, I would have a choosing ceremony this year. Where I pick my future spouse, instead of being told who I am to marry! This just sucks! I always thought I would marry for love, not convenience.

“OW!” I felt a thump to the back of my head as I walked toward my house. I put my hand to the back of my head and felt the wet, slushy snow that was slowly making its way down my hair.

My younger sister had thrown a hard-packed snowball at me. Normally, I would have played with her. Snow fights were one of my favorite things to do around here. But not today. All I wanted to do was hide in my room and figure out a way to get away from Rock.

“Mandy, not now,” I said as I walked away.

“Why not? I thought you loved snowball fights. We could get Rock and his brothers to join us,” Mandy suggested a little too enthusiastically.

“How did you know? I just found out myself!” I huffed out as I took my knitted cap off my head and smoothed down my hair. As she mumbled, my eyes narrowed, and I tapped my foot. “I can’t hear you when you do that. Speak up.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about. What did you find out?” She couldn’t make eye contact so I knew she was hiding something. Her hands were behind her back, and she was slowly trying to walk away from me.

“Mandy, what are you trying to keep from me? You know I will find out so just tell me.” As the future Mrs. Claus, the Christmas Magic had always been strong within me. I tried not to misuse my abilities, but I could read minds when I tried hard. In case you didn’t know, my dad is Santa Claus.

“I heard Dad say that we were going away for Thanksgiving this year. He wants us all to go with him to visit the European and Russian packs for a couple weeks.”

“Really? Who all is supposed to go with us?” My jaw clenched as I wondered about this bit of news my mother left out of our talk today.
“Rock and his parents and a couple of the enforcers…”

“I KNEW IT! No wonder Mom didn’t tell me! I bet she was going to wait until the last minute to tell me.” My breathing picked up speed as I stewed over her plan to get me and Rock together. I wouldn’t do it. There was no way I was going on that trip.

“When did they say we were leaving, Mandy?” I crossed my arms over my chest as I seethed.

“Um, in like, two days?” She shrugged her shoulders and scooted away from me even more. “I thought you would like to hang out with Rock and some of the other guys. You have always played with them.”

“That doesn’t mean I want to marry them!” I blew out a heavy breath and shoved my bangs out of my eyes.

Get a Free Book!


Santa Meets Mrs. Claus


Ever wonder why no one has seen Santa Claus? One of the reasons is that he is an Arctic Wolf Shifter!

How does Santa find his Mrs. Claus? It's not like he can "Swipe Left" and meet the perfect girl!

Get your free copy and find out these answers while you enjoy a bit of Christmas excitement as a rival pack makes a play for Santa's job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!