Wednesday 24 August 2016

Shadow Stalker Part 1 (Episodes 1 - 6) by Renee Scattergood

Renee Scattergood lives in Australia with her husband, Nathan, and daughter, Taiya. She has always been a fan of fantasy and was inspired to become a story-teller by George Lucas, but didn't start considering writing down her stories until she reached her late twenties. Now she enjoys writing dark fantasy, and she’d dabbling with paranormal thrillers under a pen name.

She is currently publishing her monthly Shadow Stalker serial, and she has published a prequel novella to the series called, Demon Hunt. She is also working on a new series of novels, A God's Deception.

Aside from writing, she loves reading (fantasy, of course), watching movies with her family, and doing crafts and science experiments with her homeschooled daughter. Visit her site for more information.

Connect with the Author



About the Book


Auren learns she is destined to enslave the people of her world, and Drevin, emperor of the Galvadi Empire is determined to end her life before it happens. Her foster father, Kado, has sworn to protect her and trains her as a shadow stalker. But her training is cut short, when their people are overrun by the Galvadi Empire. Now she has to find a way to help her people without succumbing to the prophecy.

The Hidden Truth (Episode 1)


A young shadow stalker is destined to enslave the people of the Serpent Isles, and the Galvadi Empire want this child of prophecy dead. Auren Trasks perfectly normal life is disrupted when the Galvadi invade, and she learns a startling secret about her past. A secret that will change her life forever.


The Delohi-Saqu's Fate (Episode 2)


Auren is being targeted by the Council of Elders, and the only one who could put an end to their corruption is her father. But leaving the Dark Isle would turn Kado against her.

Shadows' Betrayal (Episode 3)


After seeing the monster she will become, Auren swears not to leave the Dark Isle. Despite that, the elders are conspiring against her. To escape their scheming, she and Kado decide to explore the Dark Isle. But worse things await them in the forests.


Forbidden Love (Episode 4)


Kado and Auren survive a deadly storm, but when Auren is forbidden from pursuing love with another young shadow stalker, will it be enough to drive a wedge between her and her foster father?

Destiny Reconciled Part 1 (Episode 5)


Auren and Kado accept that they may not be able to avoid her leaving the Dark Isle. Now they have to prepare for that eventuality. Will the training be more than Auren can handle?


Destiny Reconciled Part 2 (Episode 6)


Cathnor has been arrested and is facing a death sentence. The Dark Isle is out of control, and Kado is the only one who can help his people. So he prepares Auren for the possibility that she may have to leave the Dark Isle without him and face her destiny alone, but can she leave him and do what must be done?

Get it FREE Today!


Shadow Stalker Part 2 (Episodes 7 - 12) is also free to my newsletter subscribers!


Be on the lookout for Shadow Stalker Part 3 (Episodes 13 -18), which will be available for pre-order starting the 31st of August! Get it half price for a limited time!


Keep reading for an excerpt:


"Eyes forward," Dosien said, at the same time Obeir placed his hand on my head and gave it a twist. "As the elder of this village, I will be presiding over your hearing. Etan, you are aware of the rules, but I'll need to explain them to Auren before we continue."

"You didn't know?" Etan asked, his voice cracking.

"Know what?" A hearing? This made no sense. I had broken no laws.

"You will not speak unless spoken to," my uncle told us. "Now, Auren. This is all new for you, so you won't be punished, but I need to make you aware of the rules regarding mating."

Heat rushed to my face, and I was glad for the dim lighting in the room. Mating? We had done nothing wrong. We touched lips. It wasn't even a kiss. Well, it might have been if we hadn't been disturbed, but still.

My uncle continued. "We shadow stalkers do not choose our mates. They are chosen for us."

"By who?" I asked, my voice raised and my fists clenched. I wasn't a child. No one was going to tell me who I could and couldn't have a relationship with.

"Do not interrupt again, Auren," Dosien warned. "I understand you know little about our people and where we come from. We expect you to make mistakes, but you must learn our ways and respect them. The shadow people created the shadow stalkers for a specific purpose. Only the Foramar knows what that purpose is. He is sworn to keep the shadow stalkers on the right path. Since he is not with us for the moment, that responsibility falls to the elders."

He paused and gazed at me as if checking to see I was paying attention. "As part of ensuring things go as they need it to, the shadow people choose our mates when our training has been completed. There is a reason for everything they do even if we don't understand it or agree with it. Some shadow stalkers are not given mates, Auren, and if this happens with you, you will be expected to accept it and not attempt to mate. You must also refrain from being with someone before a mate has been chosen for you. Do you understand this?"

"No, I don't." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. All these years I spent believing Kado stifled my social life because he was being overprotective. Now I wondered how much of it had to do with rules set by the shadow people. What if my difficulty in making friends had more to do with his interference rather than my differences?

My foster father scowled, but relaxed when my uncle gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"What don't you understand?" Dosien asked.

Everything, I thought. "Why it matters? All we did was kiss, and we didn't even manage that much, really."

My uncle nodded. "Kissing isn't a problem on its own, but it leads to deeper feelings. It's clear you and Etan have a connection."

"So? Kado and I have a connection. Why is it such a bad thing?" My voice raised in pitch.

My foster father gave me a warning look, though he still didn't speak.

"The bond you share with Kado is different. What you share with Etan will elicit strong romantic feelings. It's best if you don't see each other again."

I took a deep breath and bit my lip to keep from screeching. "What? We can't even be friends?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!