Friday 26 June 2015

Shadow Stalker: Separate Paths (Episode 10) by Renee Scattergood

Episode 8 300 dpiEpisode 10 is here! Yay! :-D
As I mentioned before, I'm going to be doing things a little differently now. Instead of doing the tours and blitz's like I used to, I'll be hosting release parties on my Facebook Page and Twitter (and I'll be throwing things up on Google+ as well, just not as often). I will be running them for about two weeks following the release, so if you're following me and you have elected to receive my newsfeeds, you should be getting them.
This time around I'll be sharing an interview I did with a reader below (and I might do this often so if you love my stuff and want to be interviewed, contact me), little excerpts from Episode 10 each day, a words scavenger hunt, and some other fun stuff.
And now for my interview with Debra Mauldin. Debra has been following my Shadow Stalker Serial from the very beginning.

Hi Debra, thanks for taking the time to do this!

It is my pleasure, Renee

As I said, you've been following the Shadow Stalker Serial from the very beginning. How did you hear about it?

I was working with a group called ‘Dragon Knight Chronicles’ and we did a book tour on Shadow Stalker: The Hidden Truth (Episode 1).

What were your first thoughts when you started reading Episode 1: The Hidden truth? Was it what you expected?

My first thoughts were, “here is a science fiction fantasy that I will thoroughly enjoy’. So far it has been everything I expected, plus more.

Has there been anything about the serial that has caught you off guard or surprised you?

The graphic torture scenes, in what I believe was Episode 8, caught me completely off guard. Until then, the violence had been hinted at, but now it was fully voiced through Auren, no less.

What do you like most and/or lease about Shadow Stalker?

I love the entire story and cannot think of anything I like less.

Is there anything you would change if you could?

I wouldn’t change a thing. I love your writing.

What would you say to anyone who hasn't read the serial yet?

Pick up a copy of Shadow Stalker: The Hidden Truth (Episode 1) and read it. I bet you will want to read more.

Are you looking forward to the Savior of the Serpent Isles novels being released starting next year?

I can hardly wait.

Finally, is there anything you'd like to ask me?

Is it easier, or harder, to write in episodes than chapters?

Wow, that's hard to answer. It's not really easier or harder. It's different and writing the serial is definitely a different skill set to writing a novel. I think writing a serial is a lot like writing a short story in a way. You need to be focused on the main plot and there isn't much in the way of subplots. You also have to be able to leave off with a cliff hanger that will make people want to come back a month later, but not so much of one you'll make them go bald. And you don't want to leave them hanging too long, so you need to work with a regular release schedule so they know when the next one is coming. It's a balancing act that I'm really still learning.

I think writing novels is less hectic and more relaxed, at least for me. I don't feel as much pressure to get it done because until I set a release date, there is no expectation for the work to be done by a certain time. 

Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, Debra, and for all the support you've given me over the last year. You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

You are more than welcome. I truly love to read your writings!

You can catch Debra on her blog, Mama Bear Musings. And don't forget, there are now two ways to get Episode 10 Free. You can share my pre-order post for the next week only and email me the links, or you can sign up for my newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!