Saturday 22 November 2014

Release Tour – The Fifth Watcher by Melissa Barker-Simpson

The Fifth Watcher by Melissa Barker-Simpson is a book I’ve been waiting for. Granted, I got to beta read an early copy, but I’m still so excited to read the final version and see how it all came together. It’s a great story and I think you’ll all enjoy it a lot. Today I’ve got some info about Mel and her new book, and she has also written a guest post that I will share with you. I’ll also be writing a review for The Fifth Watcher that will be posted on the DKC site this weekend and also on my blog later this week.
Also don’t forget to check out the rest of The Fifth Watcher Blitz event page on Facebook!

image for websiteA Bit About Melissa

Melissa Barker-Simpson fills her days with language and words so she doesn’t get lost among the clouds. She is an interpreter by day, and a pen-wielding conjurer by night. Of course the only thing she conjures belong between the pages of a book, but it doesn’t make them any less compelling.
Her most important job, as far as she sees it, is being a mother to two impish teenagers. They keep her feet firmly on the ground, are a huge source of joy (despite the rampant emotions) and allow her to live out her fantasy of being a musketeer!
She spends her time living between different communities, one of them being the (mostly) online writing community and giving back the magic that has touched her life.
Melissa runs a series of blogs, has a thing for collaboration, and enjoys to support others as often as possible.

Connect With Melissa


Fifth Watcher - High Resolution - Without UFOA Bit About The Fifth Watcher

At the moment of Audrey Montgomery’s birth a new world came into existence. It is a barren place, a catalyst for the darkness spreading through the multidimensional system. The shift in power makes Audrey an invaluable pawn in a war between those who want to protect her and those who will go to extraordinary lengths to eliminate her.
As a result, she has spent her life on the run, unaware of her true origins. When her father dies and leaves her with a shocking legacy, her life is irrevocably changed. If she has any hope of surviving, Audrey must embrace her new reality and trust a man who is as dark and uncertain as the future itself.
Lieutenant Keith Delany, an Interdimensional Officer of the Law (IDOL), is tasked with bringing her in. It is an assignment his entire team is invested in, having spent years searching for her. As a senior member of the squad, Keith is charged with protecting her, with showing her the truth about her past, and with preparing her for an unknown future. As an IDOL he is responsible for every life, for every traveller who navigates the system. But his connection to Audrey is unprecedented, and he soon discovers she alone holds the power to prevent the continuum’s collapse.

Buy the Book


Some Words From Melissa Barker-Simpson

Though I’m not a planner, I try to find balance in my work and have developed some useful techniques over the past two years. As I write a number of different series, I obviously have a system which allows me to keep track of the characters and their respective backgrounds. I like to know everything about them, so each gets a chart I can refer to and reflect on, if we’re having ‘communication problems!’
The Fifth Watcher needed a chart all of its own! Not only are there a number of worlds, but each one is unique, as are the travellers who belong to each world. For the first time I created a visual representation, which looks a little like a quadruple helix, so I could track the worlds and the journey itself.
I tried plotting the story and had a loose plan when I went into NaNoWriMo last year, but the characters had other ideas and the plan went out of the window!
The best thing about being part of a community of writers is that I learn something new every day. I’m friends with both plotters and pantsers, and it has enabled me to adapt and grow. I’m truly grateful for the support my friends offer me – I’m a better writer because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!